Social Icons

Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Hiroshima

I have always had an interest in WWII and the conflicts that took place during the war, so I was glad to be taking my first trip to one of the most history conflicts of the Asian front of the war, Hiroshima.
Honestly I didn't come across this sign until we were about to leave the city, but it has to go first.
Below are a few pictures of the Atomic Bomb Dome. This building is located a few hundred meters from the Hypocenter of the Atomic bomb blast and was one of the few structures that withstood the blast. It is now the only build left standing from the bombing as a reminder of the devistating effects of nuclear bombs.
This monument is dedicated the children that worked as a part of the war effort in Hiroshima at the time of the bombing and where killed in the attack.
I view of Peace Memorial Park from inside the museum. I may post a few shots from inside the museum in another post.
After tour most of the park we stopped at a local shop for some okonami yaki.
A few shots of downtown Hiroshima and the Hiroshima Castle.
After seeing Hiroshima we took a ferry to the nearby island of Miyajima.

0 comments: